SPIRAmir® gasketed is a patented product and represents a unique and convenient way of joining spiral duct and fittings. SPIRAmir® self-sealing spiral duct system uses O-Ring gasket. This gasket rotates easily between two grooves placed on the SPIRAmir® fittings. The first groove is the initial place of the O-Ring. When a fitting is inserted into the spiral duct, the O-Ring gasket rotates and moves over the teeth from the first groove to the final groove. The rotation of the O-Ring moves the pipe over the fitting.
SPIRAmir® Sealed Spiral System
- SPIRAmir® fittings are fitted with a removable O-ring gasket.
- Can be taken apart easily after connections have been made.
- Far exceed SMACNA’s medium pressure/high-velocity requirements.
- SPIRAmir® O-Ring is made from EPDM sponge rubber cord and is resistant to ozone, sunlight, weathering, aging, temperature fluctuations.
- See all SPIRAmir® products offered by MKT.
- Make sure the spiral pipe or large end fitting is pushed all the way over and up to the bead of the small end fitting.
- Secure the slip connection together by using 1/8″ sheet metal screws or rivets.
- Place the screws or rivets 1-1 /2″ from the edge of the pipe or the large end fitting to avoid cutting into the O-ring gasket.
- Insert the sheet metal screws or rivets by using the sequence show to the right.