Types of Diffusion
Low-speed air dispersion (0.2 to 1 m per sec.) through a porous fabric surface.
– Short air-dispersion range from 2 to 4 m.
– Comfort (no or very little draught).
Medium or high-speed air dispersion (from 2 to 7 m per sec.) through woven wire strips.
– Air-dispersion range from 3 to 8.
– Fewer diffusers required for the area.
Medium or high-speed air dispersion via calibrated openings (from 8 to 30 m per sec.).
– Air-dispersion range from 4 to 30 m.
– Ideal for use with reversible units, even with high-temperature gradients.
Diffusers for transporting air. (Non-diffusing)
– Sounds are damped.
– Minimum support structures are required.
Recommended when ceiling space is not limited.
Recommended when ceiling space is limited, 40% reduction in space with equivalent airflow as compared to circular ducting.
Recommended when ceiling space is limited, conduits are fixed at ceiling/wall junction points when fitted horizontally or at wall corners when fitted vertically.